WELCOME TO MOM'S BLOG

WELCOME TO MOM'S BLOG

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Back to reading...

Hmmm, now that's not correct because I HAVE been reading, just not blogging.  I don't know where the time goes.

I have fallen so far behind in keeping up with my blog and keeping up my reading spreadsheet,  So, I have decided to just 'let it go' and start from square one.  I will start a brand new spreadsheet on January 1 and will challenge myself to read at least 50 books.  The last time I challenged myself to read 100 books and I read 159 in a year's time.

I think one book a week is a good challenge and hopefully, I will exceed that :-)

I recently finished two books by Richard Paul Evans, "The Walk" and "Miles to Go".

The Walk is the story of a man, from the Seattle area, who loses EVERYTHING including the love of his life and after deciding not to end his life, he packs the bare necessities and makes a decision to walk to Key West, FL, the farthest point on his map.  Along the way, his experiences and the people he encounters and the lessons they share with him,saves his life and will encourage you.


 Miles to Go is the sequel to The Walk.  Alan makes it as far as Spokane, WA before he encounters some hoodlums that jump him and stab him multiple times.  He wakes up in a hospital not able to do the very thing he set out to do, WALK.  A mysterious woman, that he happened to help earlier, on his route, gets called by the hospital and he ends up going to her home to recover and get his strength back.

As it turns out, he ends up being used to save her life before he returns to his journey months later.
The next in the series is "The Road to Grace" which is due out in 2012.  Can't wait!!!

Enjoy your day!!!

Char

No comments: