WELCOME TO MOM'S BLOG

WELCOME TO MOM'S BLOG

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Catching up once again

Summer is almost over and maybe I can get back into a routine of reading and posting.  I HAVE been reading, just not posting.

My Granddaughter did it...she got me to read an Amish series by Wanda Brunstetter.  I just finished my first series by Wanda Brunstetter.  It is called  "Daughters of Lancaster" series.  The first book is "The Storekeeper's Daughter", then "The Quilter's Daughter" and finally "The Bishop's Daughter".






The author does a wonderful job of introducing you to each character in the first book and then having you follow along as she unveils a little of each character's life through out the series.  Of course the books basically follow the lives of a few characters throughout the series.

I enjoyed this series immensely.  I have to admit to getting a tad impatient towards the end, though, when the 'secret' was to be revealed to everyone in Lancaster County but someone or some thing would keep interrupting that person each time he went to reveal that secret.  GRRRRR!  But, I guess it made for 'suspense'. :-)

It's been fun reading the same books as my Granddaughter and then being able to discuss them afterwards.  It was so hard for her, at times, to not give away anything since she had already read them :-)

Well it's off to start another book.  I think I'll take a break from Wanda Brunstetter and read a mystery/thriller next.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments: