WELCOME TO MOM'S BLOG

WELCOME TO MOM'S BLOG

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Lots of books to share


Wow, It's been a busy summer and I am so behind in blogging my books. Actually, to tell ya the truth, I didn't keep really good track this summer :-(

But, I will attempt to get myself back up to speed with the books I feel were my best reads.

This was my first time reading anything by
Jennifer Erin Valent, "Fireflies in December". I will definitely be reading more by this author.

When Jessilyn Lassiter's best friend, Gemma, loses her parents in a house fire, the Lassiter family take the girl in. The only trouble is, Gemma is black, the family is white and the year is 1932 and they live in a small Virginia town.

This author shows how one family endured the threats small and large of a prejudiced community while maintaining their moral integrity.

I give this book an A+

No comments: