WELCOME TO MOM'S BLOG

WELCOME TO MOM'S BLOG

Thursday, March 26, 2009

"Dewey: The small town library cat who touched the World"


by Vicki Myron

I don't know how many people recommended this book, to me, before I actually checked it out at my library. I have to say that it was a great read! And, it's a true story! :-)

I love cats, so it was a no brainer that I would love this book. The thing is, it was also interesting to read about a small town named, Spencer, Iowa.

Here is an excerpt from my Library website:

This book traces the author's discovery of a half-frozen kitten in the drop-box of her small-community Iowa library and the feline's development into an affable library mascot whose intuitive nature prompted hundreds of abiding friendships, in a tale told against a backdrop of the town's struggles with the 1980s farm crisis.

Let me know if you, too, have read this book! I seem to be on a animal kick, lately with several other animal books I have read.

Have a great day!!
Char

No comments: