WELCOME TO MOM'S BLOG

WELCOME TO MOM'S BLOG

Friday, April 10, 2009

Picking Cotton: our memoir of injustice and redemption


by
Jennifer Thompson-Cannino and Ronald Cotton, with Erin Torneo.

I have to admit that when I picked this book, I did it entirely by it's name. So, I thought it was about cotton pickers and what they went through. Can you tell I didn't read the flap? I just picked it from a list of books.

I was surprised to find out that it was actually about a man who was wrongfully identified in a rape case and sent to prison for 11 years.

This is the true story of his life in prison and his forgiveness for the person who sent him there.

This story not only tells of his prison experience but also tells what happened between he and his accuser after he is released and their unlikely friendship that ensues.

It makes you question just how many people ARE in prison for crimes they never committed.

No comments: